22 Apr 2011

Quantum Tolerance Threshold

Last night saw the usual Thursday evening couple of pints (and an extra half this time) being imbibed at best pub in town, The Queen Adelaide. Feeling unusually adventurous, I strayed from the usual 3.9% strength beer and had a 4.5, followed by a 5.5, the half was back to the 3.9. All this I thought would be soaked up by two mini pork pies kindly put in front of me by Dave the barman. Today I have a hangover! Bastard and double bastard. This is on two and a half pints of beer, average strength 5.56%, which although about 1.5 above the usual average strength for me, is still indicative of an ever decreasing tolerance to something I love. Life is so unfair.

The solution? More beer at lunchtime, and possibly a bacon and black pudding bap. Sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment