24 Apr 2011

Frown Man - Urban Worrier

I had to go shopping for a few bits and pieces yesterday morning, and as it was a glorious sunny day, I thought I'd go to the shops via Abington Park, one of the few jewels in the crown of Shoesville. My route took me round the ornamental lake, primarily so I could photograph the tree I currently have as my screensaver at work.

Summer version

Winter version

So far, so good, the lake was full of various kinds of our web footed friends, sundry folk were walking, some with dogs, one guy had his full blown fishing kit laid out lakeside, including comfy chair!

Once I've crossed the road bisecting the park and got to the bandstand area, it was as if I had entered another universe. The grassy area around the bandstand, probably about the area of couple of football pitches, is where the kids congregate, and on warm days such as we've been having, they come out in their hundreds, rightly so. The problem is very few of them appear to have any social conscience where litter is concerned. I arrived early enough to see the rubbish collection from the previous day getting underway.

Now admittedly all the available bins were full to bursting, and the more thoughtful of the revellers had left further bags of rubbish around each one. The grass area was strewn with all sorts of detritus, and an area that size covered in litter is an appalling sight indeed, and ruined my peace to all men mindset from the first part of my stroll.

What, in the name of Jesus H Christ is so bloody difficult about taking your crap home with you in a carrier bag, rather than just leaving it where it lies? Jools & Jim obviously suffer no peer pressure to take home their beer bottles, crisp packets, spent chewing gum etc, bleedin' etc, as all the other retards around them are just as tawdry in their social behaviour. I reckon the park wardens should just leave the rubbish where these fuckwits drop it until those same idiots no doubt complain about the state of the park, without the slightest hint of self realisation.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment