4 Mar 2011

The View From Depression Gulch

It is with some trepidation given my team's poor form and mounting injury list that I used BBC's Premiership Predictor to come up with the following possible end of season table, and, to be honest, the way things are going for Everton right now, I'd settle for this result:

1. Man Utd 86 (If Utd win the title, they beat a certain other red team's record of titles achieved, and on that note I predict that Ol' Beetroot Face will retire, and the the new manager will be......Jose Mourinho)
2. Arsenal 81
3. Chelsea 77
4. Man City 70
5. Spurs 68 (Nearly, but not quite)
6. L****poo* 56
7. Birmingham 50
8. Newcastle 47
9. Bolton 47
10. A Villa 46
11. Fulham 45
12. Sunderland 45
13. Everton 44 (Gawd help us next season...)
14. Blackpool 43
15. W Ham 42 (Perhaps my sentimental affection for The Hammers got the better of me!)
16. Stoke 41
17. Wolves 40
18. W Brom 39 R
19. Blackburn 36 R (There's always one team who plummet like a brick in a bucket....better keep quiet on that one!)
20. Wigan 29 R (Somehow only getting 2 more points between now and season end - a total disintegration!)
.............................................................................................

After Tuesday's godawful defeat to at home to Reading, I thought listening to England v Ireland while at work the next day could only cheer me up. How wrong can I be? Congrats to the Irish, a quite amazing display, matched only by the bromide-in-the-tea performance of England's "bowlers". By 5pm on Wednesday a black cloud could be seen hovering above the noggin of yours truly.

This weekend Everton take on Newcastle at St James' Park, while the England cricket team entertain Siff Iffrica. May as well throw myself under that bus now then!
.............................................................................................

Some good news to finish - the Cobblers seem to have landed a decent manager in Gary Johnson, a man with a wealth of lower league experience who almost got Bristol City into the Premiership. With a very outside chance of still making the play offs, the only way is up fot the Cobblers.....that's kiboshed that then....
.............................................................................................

4 comments:

  1. Amazingly, I've just done my own one and I was amazed at the outcome; it has changed since my last one.
    United to win by 10pts
    Arsenal 2nd
    Spurs 3rd (yes, I know, but that's with two defeats in the run in against Chelsea and Citeh.
    Chelsea 4th, pipped by 1 point by us.
    Citeh 5th as they lose crucial matches to the top teams in the run in.
    EVERTON 6th on 55pts. I think yesterday was a turning point in your season and you have a far easier run in than others.
    Sunderland, Bolton and then the Shite in 9th.
    At the bottom, WBA. Brum and Wigan (who look doomed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had so many "turning points" I'm not counting any chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably for the best as my predictor (made 3 hours ago) is falling apart thanks to ManUre's dire performance against the Red Shite. I don't know what to make of the EPL at the moment. This is a dreadful run of results for Utd; Arsenal are as inconsistent as a fat lesbian at a BBQ and if Spurs go on to lose at Wolves today - which I am now pretty much convinced will happen, then the Red Shite could make a late surge for the CL. I fucking hate football at times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust t'Shite (so far) to ruin an otherwise spiffing sporting weekend, what with England's surprise victory over Siff Africa!

    ReplyDelete