13 Jul 2010

Trains, Safe Music, and Crooked Digits

Back in February I regaled you with a tale of woe involving non-appearance of trains at Watford Junction. Complaints were made, a full refund ensued. Earlier this month amazingly we were on the only SNCF cross-country TGV to be delayed, EVER! At least that's the impression given by our embarrassed hosts.
I'm beginning to think we're jinxed. Said train arrived over an hour late at its destination, and SNCF employees handed us all complaint forms when we got off. Now you may think with their spotless reputation where punctuality is concerned, that the refund offered would be 100%, no questions asked. Nope, it's a measly 25% for a delay of between 1 and 2 hours. At least UK reparation is of a better class than our French counterparts. It's now over 3 weeks since the form went in and we have yet to hear anything, we'll see what transpires.

......................................................................................

I love Spotify, it's a great idea, but have you ever tried their Radio tab? One of the genres is Alternative, right up my alley methinks. After putting up with it for an hour or so it turns out to be about as alternative as lunch at The Reform Club. Think I'll try the Jazz tab....good start with Ray Charles and Natalie Cole duetting on Fever. Just right for the hot day we were having when I wrote this.

......................................................................................

What a fine thing the NHS is - not only do they provide a wonderful service under increasingly trying circumstances, but some of their female nurses quaff Real Ale.

I found this out today from Lynn who did the tests on my claw-like hands with a view to straightening them out. One finger will be a local anaesthetic job, but the more serious one may involve a general, with my arm having to be put in a sling thereafter for up to 8 weeks! God I wish I was 20 again.......at least I'll be able to wave my scarred maws at Phil and make him queasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment